forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 2302  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Sat Nov 13, 1999  5:23 pm
Subject:  Re: A question...

>For me, a few brush strokes like Chinese is the equivalent of a few
>strokes of a keyboard, which is the beauty of the computer software
>program, else it would sometimes become very frustrating for a
>particularly complicated sign. I, personally, favor, Sign Shorthand for
>a handwriting system, as it is the equivalent of "script" compared to
>"Block Printing" for a spoken language.
>
>Charles Butler

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

November 13, 1999

Hi Charles!
Nice to see you on the List again ;-)

Yes...a lot of people don't realize that the perfect symbols we type, can
also be written quickly by hand. It is just like block printing in English
- when we write English by hand, our writing doesn't look as perfect as the
typed letters do. But just because the symbols look perfect when typed,
does not mean they cannot be written by hand too...it is just a technique
that comes with experience.

Thanks for your comments!

  Message 2302  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index