forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 2584  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Wed Jan 12, 2000  7:25 pm
Subject:  SW Membership Meeting January 22nd

January 12, 2000

Hello Everyone!
I am writing to invite all SignWriting Members to our Annual
Membership Meeting held in La Jolla, California. It is from 3:00 to
5:00 on January 22nd. The Membership Meeting is an annual tradition.

In the USA, a nonprofit organization has certain duties. The Center
For Sutton Movement Writing is an "educational, membership
nonprofit", which means that our purpose is to benefit education, and
that people can become "SignWriting Members" by paying annual
membership dues.

The idea behind the USA law is that the membership dues will help the
nonprofit organization continue its work. And Members, who pay their
dues, can then vote in the Annual Membership Meeting.

The meeting will be an open Board Meeting, where Board Members and
SignWriting Members have a vote. Then we have food to eat, and
oftentimes a presentation by our DAC staff members, summarizing the
year's accomplishments.

SignWriting Members also receive half price on all SignWriting
publications, and full technical support.

There are several web pages that may be of interest....

The first describes SignWriting Membership:

SignWriting Membership
https://www.SignWriting.org/mem000.html

The second provides a way to become a member through email:

Membership Form Through Email
https://www.SignWriting.org/mem001.html

The third is the Proxy form for this January 22nd meeting:

Proxy Form for Meeting January 22, 2000
https://www.SignWriting.org/mem002.html

If you are a SignWriting Member, and you know that you cannot come to
our meeting on January 22, then we request that you send us your
Proxy, giving us permission to represent your vote in the meeting.

Although I just mailed the Proxy form to all members this week....to
save time and postage....you can now fill-out the Proxy form on the
web and send it through email...I hope, if you cannot attend the
meeting, that you will send me your Proxy from the web!

And I want to thank all our SignWriting Members for your support in
1999! It is much appreciated ;-)

With all best wishes -

Val ;-)

Valerie Sutton at the DAC
Deaf Action Committee for SignWriting

SignWriting

https://www.SignWriting.org

Center For Sutton Movement Writing
an educational nonprofit organization
Box 517, La Jolla, CA, 92038-0517, USA

  Message 2584  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index