forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 2617  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Wed Jan 26, 2000  4:11 pm
Subject:  Re: Is SignWriting like the IPA?

>It's hard to show what I'm talking about within e-mail text. If you'd like
>me to draw them as a GIF I could do that, if needed.
> Hope this helps!
> Love,
> - Wayne

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SignWriting List
January 26, 2000

Thanks Wayne! No .gif is required, but thanks so much for answering.
I am now armed with plenty of information for my interview with the
New York Times on Thursday.

It is hard to know how to handle such questions, but I will do my
best. When the article is published, I am sure we will find
inaccuracies, because that happens in every article in the newspaper.
Not because anyone wants it that way...inaccuracies happen because
there is no way for one reporter to understand every side of every
issue....and the editors will not allow the people interviewed to
read the articles before they go to press - so such that is the way
it is...

So I will inform you what happens and I will mention to the
journalist that members of the SignWriting List have contributed and
that I have detailed information about Chinese if they need it....

Thanks so much once again -

Let's get back to SignWriting!

Val ;-)

Valerie Sutton at the DAC
Deaf Action Committee for SignWriting

SignWriting

https://www.SignWriting.org

Center For Sutton Movement Writing
an educational nonprofit organization
Box 517, La Jolla, CA, 92038-0517, USA

  Message 2617  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index