forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 2717  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Sun Feb 6, 2000  3:11 pm
Subject:  Kentucky School for the Deaf

>I am hoping in a month or so to hold a serious audience
>with Kentucky School for the Deaf on SW. The super
>has indicated a willingness to listen and I expect to include
>at least some of the teachers, especially the English teachers and
>the Deaf teachers. A recent meeting was such that so many other
>issues did nto allow the focus on SW I wanted so the one I want
>should happen soon, I hope. I think KSD is a very progressive school.
>James Womack

-------------------------------------

SignWriting List
February 6, 2000

Wonderful! As you know, teachers from the Kentucky School for the
Deaf are welcome to join the SignWriting Literacy Project, which
means that the DAC will donate materials to their classroom,
including:

Deaf students receive:
1. Picture Dictionary
2. Workbook Level One
3. Storybook Level Two
4. Storybook Level Three
5. Storybook Level Four

Each classroom receives:
1. Flashcards
2. Educational Videos
3. Learn To Read ASL book
4. SignWriter Computer Program
5. Lessons In SignWriting Textbook
6. A Web Page for the Class
7. Full Technical Support

They can read about the donations on this web page:
https://www.SignWriting.org/help008.html

Thanks, James, for talking to the school administrators - that is a
great help....