forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 2913  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Stefan Woehrmann
Date:  Fri Feb 25, 2000  10:01 pm
Subject:  Re: Sign for "FIRE" in DGS

Hello Valerie,

thank you for your answer.

I´m not sure whether I can interpret your spelling
I tried to indicate with two arrows that both hands rotate first counter
clockwise while the right hand moves up - the left moves down at the same
moment. As I learned from you - we read the signs starting from the center -
therefore I avoided to combine both arrows to one.
Nevertheless looking at your writing - what does indicate that both hand
rotate always in the same direction while moving up and down alternating?

Thank you !

Stefan ;-)

>From: Valerie Sutton
>To: SignWriting List
>Subject: Re: Sign for "FIRE" in DGS
>Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 07:29:10 -0800
>
>On 2/22/00, Stefan Woehrmann attached a file and asked "Is this
>written correctly"?
>
>Please look at the attached file....first you will see Stefan's
>question and then my answer ;-)
>
>By the way, Stefan, I admire your ingenuity in constructing the
>movement symbols as you did! Writing by hand is easy, but SignWriter
>4.3 has a limited symbol set and those particular symbols (the
>rotation symbols combined with arrows) are not represented on the
>SignWriter 4.3 keyboard...so your construction was clever...taking
>one symbol and placing it near or on top of the other....smile!
>
>And please notice how I added an arrowhead on each end of the stem
>line to show "up and down" with fewer arrows - again that symbol is
>not in SignWriter 4.3 ...but when writing by hand there is no
>problem. I actually added those arrowheads after I had created the
>..GIF, in Photoshop...so I pieced it together too.
>
>As you all know, as soon as I have a programmer full time, there will
>be no problem to bring out SignWriter 5.0, which will include all
>symbols in the entire system.
>
>Here are my examples:
><< _less061.gif >>
><< less061.gif >>

  Replies Author Date
2915 Re: Sign for "FIRE" in DGS Valerie Sutton Fri  2/25/2000

  Message 2913  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index