forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 2918  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Sat Feb 26, 2000  5:12 am
Subject:  Writing Projecting Thumbs

SignWriting List
February 25, 2000

Dear Mark, Stefan, Wayne and Everyone!

Today was a little like Christmas...I received a wonderful gift of
files from Spain on a zip disk, including all of the illustrations
for the Parkhurst's textbook on SignWriting: "SignoEscritura"!

As you know, their illustrations are very very helpful.

And on page 128 and 129 in their book, SignoEscritura, they show
projecting thumbs. I am so happy to have diagrams of these
handshapes....it will really help future textbooks....Steve's
drawings of hands are good, don't you think?

These are thumbs that are projecting forward, not to the side like
the "L" hand in ASL...I will explain all this in detail in the next
two email messages.

Attachment
less062.gif
Type: image/gif

2919 Re: Writing Projecting Thumbs Valerie Sutton Sat  2/26/2000

  Message 2918  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index