forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 3036  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Stefan Woehrmann
Date:  Thu Mar 9, 2000  9:50 pm
Subject:  Re: Transcribing Japanese Sign Language

Hi Valerie,

do you remember that I asked for a kind of teaching group online - several
weeks ago? Big smile - we are already into it - your email lessons are so
helpful. Working as a group on a specific movie-clip is great - and I would
love very much to participate - - if - well if you don´t mind to answer
future questions of my every day business as well - I think that you will
agree - ;-)

The difference is that I´m as a teacher for deaf pupils are v e r y busy to
write day by day new signs in order to collect or save all the signs that
are needed. So there are so many oporttunities to get in touch with the need
of your support. I hope very much that I feel less pressure in a year or so
- in the meantime I´ll have no dificulties to write my spider story
correctly!

>From: Valerie Sutton
>To: SignWriting List
>Subject: Transcribing Japanese Sign Language
>Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 07:03:10 -0800
>
>On 3/6/00, Mark Penner wrote:
>
>>And I can make this offer: If a couple people want to try their hand a
>>transcription, I will send them a free copy of a JSL Bible portion to work
>>with, and will look at their work in .SGN and give what comments I can on
>>it.

I´m curious what kind of group - experience we are going to develop. It´s
great to know that I´m not the only one who is in trouble!!
Small portions - have to be difined ! But I love to participate - and I´ll
do my best to show up with my homework ;-)

All the best.
Stefan ;-)