forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 3173  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Stefan Woehrmann
Date:  Thu Mar 23, 2000  9:54 pm
Subject:  Re: SW at the Kentucky School for the Deaf

Hi Cecilia,

I loved to read your message. Iīll be thinking od you. Itīs great that there
will be a camera team. Would love so much to get impressions of your
presentation. All the best and good luck
SW is great and my pupils would demonstrate it as well -
excuse me - they show it day by day!

All the best
Stefan ;-)

>From: cmf
>To: SignWriting List
>Subject: Re: SW at the Kentucky School for the Deaf
>Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 22:15:44 -0700
>
>Valerie and the SignWriting list,
>
>So the word is out...and we, Kate Dalton, Lorraine Crespin and myself,
>will be talking about and showing some SignWriting literacy experiences
>we have been sharing here in Albuquerque. If there is anyone in the
>'neighborhood' on Friday, the 24th of March...hope you will stop by at
>the Marriott. Of all the members of our presentation team, one of our 12
>year old students is 'more prepared' for this event than the 'elders'.
>Fernando, on his own, went home and prepared a three page handwritten
>document with both SignWriting and English script. When I asked
>Fernando, why he wrote both SW and English with long arrows connecting
>the two rows, he responded that his Mom and Dad don't know Signs. Good
>enough answer for me! He has never seen literacy materials in this
>fashion.He is 'working' the systems.
>
>Will let you know how it goes on Friday. Be thinking of us!
>
>And then there's Kentucky!
>
>Cecilia

  Replies Author Date
3175 Documentary: "SignWriting In Deaf Education" Valerie Sutton Thu  3/23/2000

  Message 3173  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index