forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 3176  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Thu Mar 23, 2000  10:58 pm
Subject:  Re: SW Video Transcription Course Online

On 3/23/00, Stefan Woehrmann wrote:

>What about me? Would you please me as one of your students? I
>promise that IŽll behave ....
>You couldnŽt honestly imagine that I wouldnŽt show up - did you?
>Great IŽm looking forward to it. I guess in the beginning we have to
>find a kind of agreement how many signs (frames) can be transcribed
>in a given time?

SignWriting List
March 23, 2000

Smile...glad to know you will behave - ha!

So now we have three students:

1. Mark Penner
2. Wayne Smith
3. Stefan Woehrmann
4.
5.

What about Stuart Thiessen...I know you want to transcribe Bible
videos, Stuart, and those are not simple..., are you game?

I know others have expressed the desire to learn to write
SignWriting...here is your chance!

In the beginning we are only going to take one sign at a time...it
will be slow, but fun!

Once we all get the videos...everyone will write the first sign, make
a .GIF and send it to the List. Then I will comment on each .GIF and
then post my own of the same sign...

These kinds of lessons actually teach much more than you may realize
because it sharpens your eye to writing any movement, rather than
fussing over what it means...