forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 3384  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  "Angus B. Grieve-Smith"
Date:  Wed May 10, 2000  1:02 am
Subject:  Re: SignWriting Project

On Tue, 9 May 2000, Amy Rosenberg wrote:

> It is not set in stone yet, but it if all goes well, I will be doing
> the SignWriting for a prayer book that my Temple is creating. The
> Temple is Bene Shalom, a Temple for the Deaf in Skokie, IL and they
> got a grant to make a prayerbook in ASL -- that means with pictures
> and English glosses. I asked to add SignWriting to the book and the
> Rabbi has agreed.

Mazel tov, Amy! I'm sure it'll be a help to have SignWriting in
the book, since I'm sure even native signers sometimes have trouble
figuring out the pictures _and_ the glosses.

From what I've seen, you'll get a lot of support from this
list. I'm interested to see how the prayers have been translated!

--
-Angus B. Grieve-Smith
Linguistics Department

  Message 3384  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index