forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 3428  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Wed May 17, 2000  1:19 pm
Subject:  Re: Lessons In Sign Language Transcription

At 3:55 PM +0200 5/16/00, Stefan Woehrmann wrote:

>I forgot to mention that this series of questions and answers
>"fingermovements" - rotation - helped a lot to understand my own mistakes !
>Especially the sign for sheep (answer 069 ) is a nice addition . I spelled
>it wrong before - so thanks for this new explanation - and thanks to Ingvild
>for your questions

SignWriting List
May 17, 2000

And thanks, Stefan, for expressing your appreciation for the
questions and answers - it is nice to know you get something out of
them.

Regarding the Norwegian sign for SHEEP, I was happy Ingvild brought
it up... Of course there was no way anyone could know that symbol's
usage, since the last time it was published in a book was 1982! That
is why I am placing so much time on posting answers to the List -
because it appears to be benefitting the use of SignWriting.

Now if we could only get technology to be a little more standard - so
that all of us could view the GIFs inside our email messages - I
would be a lot happier - I feel sad when I realize that probably half
the SW List sees garbage inside their email messages when receiving
attachments - so the immediate experience is lost for them.

But an imperfect internet is better than no internet....so we will
just continue...

https://www.egroups.com/group/sw-l

  Message 3428  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index