forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 3828  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Stefan Woehrmann
Date:  Thu Aug 3, 2000  9:53 am
Subject:  Re: Eyegaze

Hi Valerie ,

do you think it is important to "save" the symbols for the "receptive"
viewpoint - together with the ones for the "expressive" viewpoint which has
become the "natural" basis for SW ?

Iīd rather forget about them in order to get not confused or in order to not
confuse the beginners (???)

Valerie wrote: In real life, the eyes can really only go back diagonally,
but not straight back...

hhm back ? but not straight back ???
I think of my eyes as positioned at the back-wall -there is no way to go
back with my eye-gazes - in case I donīt move my head to the left or right -
instead of that I can look almost straight sideways if I really try (but
canīt see anything sharp - ouch!!)
forward diagonally up down, left , right - no problem - but back - how do
you do that ??? ;-)
Iīm planning to shoot photos on facial expressions for reasons of
demonstration - if you are interested I can attach them to a private note !?

All the best - behind the scenes ?;-)

Stefan