forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 3857  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Stuart Thiessen
Date:  Mon Aug 21, 2000  5:07 pm
Subject:  Re: Possible Signwriting Workshop

Information would be nice to hand out at the workshop at least. I may be
able to lay out some information on a booth too. I will see what I can
work out. The workshop will probably be set up for 75 people. People are
signing up to attend any number of workshops over two days, but not signing
up for any specific workshop. So, I'm basing my guess on the size of the
room. They are hoping for several thousand people to come through
Deafestival itself (exhibits, workshops, etc.), but since this is the first
time, we really have no idea. It could be as few as several hundred. So
.... if you would like to send me info, I would be happy to circulate
however much I can and what I don't circulate there, I can take to the
other conference in October where I will do the same kind of intro workshop
and that conference will be smaller maybe about 300 total. Not sure how
many of the 300 will actually attend the SW workshop. All the same, I can
leave the information out and see how people respond.

Stuart

At 08:10 08/21/2000 -0700, you wrote:
>On 8/18/00, Stuart Thiessen wrote:
>>Just wanted to let you all know that I have been asked to share a bit about
>>SignWriting at the Iowa Deafestival this September 22-23. Even though I am
>>still a novice at SW, I figure I can at least introduce participants to the
>>concepts and intentions of SW and hopefully between now and then continue
>>to learn more.
>

>SignWriting List
>August 21, 2000
>
>Congratulations on this, Stuart!
>
>I am sure you will do very well. You may know more SignWriting than
>you realize...smile ;-)
>
>Do you need free literature to hand out at the Deafestival? I will be
>happy to send you a pile if you would like...

>How many people will be attending?
>--
>
>Val ;-)
>
>-----------------------------
>
>Valerie Sutton
>

>SignWritingSite:
>https://www.SignWriting.org

>SignWriting List Archives:
>https://www.egroups.com/group/sw-l

Stuart Thiessen
4616 Hickman
Des Moines, IA 50310

  Replies Author Date
3873 Message from Brazil.... Valerie Sutton Wed  8/23/2000
3874 Translating the Message from Brazil.... Valerie Sutton Wed  8/23/2000
3881 Re: Message from Sao Paulo, Brazil.... Valerie Sutton Thu  8/24/2000

  Message 3857  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index