forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 4292  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Stefan Woehrmann
Date:  Sat Dec 2, 2000  4:34 pm
Subject:  Re: introduction

Hello Tini,
thank you very much for your introduction. Itīs good to know something about
the persons who " fell in love with the SMWS " (Sutton Movement Writing
System) .
Looking at the materials at the early stages of SW I couldn`t imagine that
I would have become sooo much interested in SW. This shows that Valerie and
her co-workers (???? ) has already had a clear idea of SW could become some
day.
Coming from Holland you know that it takes quite a time to get familiar with
the specific meanings of the comments expressed in a foreign language.
Do you understand German as well ??
SW is - at least from my point of view - the most powerfull tool to learn
any given signlanguage - or for the deaf to learn the spoken language of
their country.
Hopefully we will become within the next year some more SW-enthusiasts so
that we will be able to produce nice materials. We`ll keep you informed via
the SW-list.

So - welcome within this wonderful, interesting, most of the time very
tolerant and engaged club. Would love to read the one or other question
concerning spelling or reading SW (not the meaning but the way how to follow
the movement instructions)
Have you had the chance to browse through the long list of issues we
already discussed on the list. Have a look at the archives.
Valerie is doing a tremendous job to keep the process of SW - development
on going. Have a look at the
SW email- lessons at the SW.org homepage.

All the very best to you and much time to dive into this wonderfull system

Stefan ;-)