forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 4983  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Sat May 19, 2001  3:10 pm
Subject:  Re: SW "knowledge base" on CD

Stuart Thiessen wrote:
>Maybe there is someone on the list who can help with refining how the
>information gets stored on the CD so it can be as useful as possible.
>Certainly all your PDF's could be placed on there as well plus the GIF's and
>JPG's. So, it could amount to a very useful CD to distribute.

SignWriting List
May 19, 2001

Great idea, Stuart...There is no problem fitting the entire 800 page
web site on one CD-ROM, since I have already stored it that way for
private use...

The problem is to learn how to make it easy to use for others. There
are quite a number of technical issues that we need to discuss about
placing web sites on CD-ROMS...like searching, indexing, and any
interactive features...It would become a very valuable learning
tool....

I really appreciate your input -
--

Val ;->

To manage your SW List email,
send Commands to:

COMMANDS
for No Mail: SET SW-L NOMAIL
for Digest Mail: SET SW-L DIGEST
for Regular Mail: SET SW-L MAIL
for Member List: REVIEW SW-L by NAME
to Leave SW List: SIGNOFF SW-L
to Join SW List: SUB SW-L firstname lastname

  Message 4983  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index