forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 4984  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Sat May 19, 2001  3:05 pm
Subject:  Re: SW "knowledge base" on CD

Stuart Thiessen wrote:
>You can get blank CD's for about 33 -66 cents apiece maybe less if you buy
>in bulk. Then, as people request them, you can charge them for the cost of
>the CD plus postage. Alternatively, you could include them on the CD with
>the SignWriting software that you distribute. I am sure that you can fit
>all of that plus the SW software on one CD. That makes one or two "images"
>that you burn.

SignWriting List
May 19, 2001

Hello Everyone, and Stuart!

Thanks for the great ideas....Yes...I already buy the blank CDs in
bulk, because I sell and distribute the SignWriter Computer Program
on CD now....And yes, you are right. There is plenty of room on the
CD to place all of the Help Files in Acrobat PDF format. They are all
included in the SignWriter CD.

But what was new about your previous message, Stuart, was the idea of
placing the entire SignWriting Web Site on a CD Rom, so that people
would not have to access the web. They could visit our web site on CD
instead! That was a great idea and a new one for me! I like that idea
very much.

The only difference between the SignWritingSite on the web, and a
SignWritingSite CD-ROM would be that the web is free, but the CD
would cost money...That is the difference.

Plus, I update the web site regularly....And the CD-ROM would stand
still without updates....
--

Val ;->

To manage your SW List email,
send Commands to:

COMMANDS
for No Mail: SET SW-L NOMAIL
for Digest Mail: SET SW-L DIGEST
for Regular Mail: SET SW-L MAIL
for Member List: REVIEW SW-L by NAME
to Leave SW List: SIGNOFF SW-L
to Join SW List: SUB SW-L firstname lastname

  Message 4984  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index