forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 5402  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Bill Reese
Date:  Tue Jul 31, 2001  10:12 pm
Subject:  Re: sharing....

Val, are you using a Windows program on a Mac machine? If you are it may be
that the underlying MacIntosh operating system is still saving files with two
"forks", even though Windows doesn't treat files that way. Then, when you
send it, you are sending both "forks" for the file and one appears with
nothing, because Windows doesn't need it and the other is the file that's
important.

It's just a thought. I'd need to research to see if that's the case, but
would only do that if you are actually using a Windows emulator on a MacIntosh
machine.

Bill