forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 5538  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Tue Aug 21, 2001  11:51 pm
Subject:  Question from France about printing

SignWriting List
August 21, 2001

Dear Agnes from France:
I am posting my answer to your questions to the SignWriting List, so
that they can learn too...You are welcome to join the SignWriting
List anytime, Agnes..or perhaps you are already a member? Feel free
to introduce yourself...We would love to hear about your work with
SignWriting in France....Val ;-)

QUESTION:
>>I write to you because I have a big problem to print with your
>>program SignWriter.In a first time I have downloaded SignWriter 4.3
>>and I had Windows 98 and an Epson Stylus Color 640 (printer). In
>>this time all works perfectly. In may 2001 I change my PC and I
>>have Windows ME and a new printer (Epson Stylus Photo 790). I try
>>with SignWriter 4.3 & 4.4., it doesn't work. I only have some
>>stranges letters printed. I try the 2 programs with Windows 98, but
>>it is the same problem. Is it a problem with my printer who does
>>not recognize your program? because the rest of the program works
>>good. Thanks for care for my problem, I know you are a very busy
>>person, but i
>will be very pleased to have a response to my mail. Agnès Belzunce

ANSWER:
OK. I have two suggestions.

1. It seems that the big difference was the change of your printer.
It sounds like your new printer, the Epson Stylus Photo 790, is not
configured correctly to print with SignWriter. Do you have a manual
that came with your printer?

2. Do not use 4.3. That is out of date. Use SW 4.4. With SW 4.4, you
will be able to print "to a postscript file", and then, create a PDF
file. PDF files are more universal, and can print on any modern
printer...so printing problems can be solved by creating PDF files.

So I will now send you some instructions, Agnes, privately, to help
you configure your printer properly.

If there is anyone else on the SW List who is having similar printing
problems, please write and I will be happy to help. Or perhaps
Stefan, Jerry, Angus or Bill can too!

All the best -
--

Val ;->