forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 6317  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Sun Feb 3, 2002  11:09 pm
Subject:  Re: Fixpoints for GIFs?

SignWriting List
February 3, 2002

Dan - regarding the Fixed Points for the SignWriting symbols - you
are right - they are absolutely necessary for correct rotation of
symbols. Those fixed points come directly from the SignWriter 4.4
symbol editor, developed by Richard Gleaves. Then Antonio Carlos
documented the fixed points...as you can see by this message:

-----

Antonio Carlos wrote:
>>>I've finally succeeded in extracting the symbol images from the
>>>sw.sym files of the SW4.3/4.4 editor. I've generated GIF files for
>>>all SSS-1995 symbols, in their true size, and generated a file
>>>with the fixpoint information for each symbol.

https://swml.ucpel.tche.br/sss-1995/

There is one big file (4Mb) with all the GIF images. There are also
many smaller files with the whole set of images split apart to ease
the downloads (and yet the files are big!). And there is one .txt
file with the fixpoint information......

-------

So Dan - please see if you can find that text file about the Fixed
points and tell us what happened! Val ;-)

  Replies Author Date
6318 Re: Fixpoints for GIFs? Dan Parvaz Sun  2/3/2002

  Message 6317  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index