forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 6577  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Bill Reese
Date:  Thu Mar 21, 2002  3:22 am
Subject:  Re: SignBank 3: What kind of search-routines do you want?

Valerie,

And another thing ... :-)

What about mispellings? For example, choosing a palm down symbol when you want
palm forward? When I search for words on an online dictionary:
https://m-w.com/
if I mispell a word, the dictionary will return a list of words that are close,
making a "best guess." In this case, and applying to SignBank, if a sign can't
be found applying all the search symbols, then signs are returned based on as
many of the symbols as possible and holding, as near as possible, to the order
of
the symbols in the search list.

Additionally, if there was a way to associate symbols with similar symbols, then
the search may be able to "correct" for the mispelling - displaying the signs
that not only incorporate the other signs and in the sequence given but also
with
the closest permutation of the "mispelled" symbol.

Bill

  Replies Author Date
6578 Re: SignBank 3: What kind of search-routines do y Dan Parvaz Thu  3/21/2002
6591 SIGNBANK 3: Search Routines Valerie Sutton Thu  3/21/2002
6592 Re: SignBank 3: What kind of search-routines do y Valerie Sutton Thu  3/21/2002
6590 Re: SignBank 3: What kind of search-routines do y Valerie Sutton Thu  3/21/2002

  Message 6577  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index