forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 3935  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Tue Sep 19, 2000  6:20 pm
Subject:  Re: Acrobat converts .ps files into .pdf files

At 12:41 PM -0500 9/19/00, Stuart Thiessen wrote:
>Since you are operating with a DOS program, the use of a DOS shareware
>program to redirect the output is par for the course. I wouldn't worry
>about it. Contact the shareware author and see if you can make an
>arrangement to package his product with SignWriter. Then the Signwriter
>package is complete. Maybe someone can tweak the SignWriter code to
>automatically reference this utility and not require the user to personally
>do it. That will make that part seamless and you can still negotiate with
>Adobe.

SignWriting List
September 19, 2000

Hello Everyone, and Stuart!

Thanks for this information, Stuart. So you are saying that Adobe
Acrobat 4.0 may possibly not have a way to make a postscript file
from a DOS file, without other programs? I am surprised...but you may
be right. I will look into this ;-)

Your idea about asking a programmer to help me tweak SignWriter is a
nice one, except I have no programmer. Work on SignWriter 5.0 has
stopped, because I have no money at this time.

Some wonderful programming work is being done in Brazil, but they are
so busy, I doubt if they can do the tweaking you mention, but you
never know - I can ask them -

Good luck with your SignWriting workshops, Stuart - I sent you a box
of SignWriting literature to distribute to the participants - did you
receive it?

Thanks once again for your help and advice -

Valerie Sutton

Visit the SignWritingSite:

3937 Re: Acrobat converts .ps files into .pdf files Stuart Thiessen Tue  9/19/2000
3939 Re: Acrobat converts .ps files into .pdf files Valerie Sutton Wed  9/20/2000
3940 Re: Acrobat converts .ps files into .pdf files Angus B. Grieve-Smith Wed  9/20/2000

  Message 3935  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index