forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 6724  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Susanne Bentele
Date:  Fri Apr 5, 2002  10:06 am
Subject:  Re: Hola y adios

>Dear Steve,
>
>here are the last few pages of this "Intersign"-article.
>Well is it worth anything this "new invention". I do not think so - people
>get frightened looking at all these different symbols - at least I get
>disinterested to go further and to study it with more time.

Hi all,
I seem to have missed the beginning of this topic.... Just a quick correction:
The new system is called "InterSys", not Intersign. I am studying it
at the moment and have to say: it is really quite fascinating! The
intention is a "pure" alphabetic script in the sense that one
grapheme should correspond to one phoneme - although Thomas-Gert
Baier, who is the inventor, prefers to call the minimal units
"piktemes" and defines them from a more semantic/iconic point of view.
Just my two cents worth. :-)
Susanne

(Stefan: I received a fax yesterday about your seminar for NiGGGS...
I'd like to attend :-)) Just have to sort out travelling and things)

  Replies Author Date Size
6727 Deaf person in Turkey...How to assist him...? Valerie Sutton Fri  4/5/2002   4 KB
6728 Re: Deaf person in Turkey...How to assist him...? Valerie Sutton Fri  4/5/2002   6 KB

  Message 6724  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index