forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 2979  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Fri Mar 3, 2000  7:07 pm
Subject:  Re: Transcribing Video SL Bible translations

On 3/3/00, Mark Penner wrote:
>Yes, there are. One is the Japanese Sign Language Bible. Anyone want
>practice transcribing a language they don't understand? We would be
>delighted to let you practice on our videos.
>Mark and Mary Esther Penner
>Tokyo, Japan
>
>https://www.deaf.or.jp/vibi/

-------------------------------------

Mark - I enjoyed visiting your web site (address above), and why not
place one passage written in SignWriting on your web site? That would
be fun and educational for everyone-

Do you know how to make QuickTime movies? If not, maybe someone else
does on the SignWriting List and they could advise you as to how to
get some video clips into your computer..then you can send
indiividuals the videoclips by email (not to the SW List itself
because the files will be too large for some computers to
download)....

Then we could work on portions of it as a group - it would be good
for people to record a signed language they do not know...in many
ways that is the best way to learn SignWriting, since it is a generic
writing system...