forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 5003  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Tue May 22, 2001  9:27 pm
Subject:  Re: ASL-Libras-English-Portuguese Dictionary

Charles Butler wrote:
>The database was originally stored on the computer at PUC in their
>database there, and it is the original one with the English words as
>well. I would love to use the dictionary feature here at UCPel but
>this computer is networked, and it will not print out the dictionary
>files from DOS no matter what I do.

SignWriting List
May 22, 2001

Hello Charles!
Thanks for your interesting response. I think it is great that you
have found your own way to create your dictionary...really great in
fact!

Did you know that all the printing problems with DOS have now been
solved with SignWriter 4.4 and Adobe Acrobat?

You do not have to have a laser printer...and it doesn't matter if
the computers are networked. You do not have to print from DOS
either. You just need the two programs, and the instruction on how to
do it, which is on the web:

SW 4.4 - Document 9
Create SignWriter PDF Files with Adobe Acrobat
https://www.SignWriting.org/acrobat/software/SW44-9-Create-SW-PDF.pdf

I shipped two copies of SignWriter 4.4 to Antonio Carlos in
Pelotas...I believe he received them. Do they have the Acrobat
program on their computers?

5007 Re: ASL-Libras-English-Portuguese Dictionary Charles Butler Wed  5/23/2001
5015 SignWriter combined with Acrobat Valerie Sutton Mon  5/28/2001
5016 Re: ASL-Libras-English-Portuguese Dictionary Valerie Sutton Mon  5/28/2001

  Message 5003  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index