forum SignWriting List Forum
  Message 6445  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index
From:  Valerie Sutton
Date:  Tue Mar 5, 2002  1:32 am
Subject:  Re: French Swiss new questions

SignWriting List
March 4, 2002

Anny in French-Switzerland wrote:
>First of all, they'd love to know more about the dictionnary possibility
>as they think it would be great for the children to have a way to make
>links between french and swiss french SL.... But, as I never used it...
>I can't tell them more about it ! Is their a fench version of the
>dictionnary ? If yes can you tell me again how to procced to have a look
>at it !

Hello Anny and Everyone!
Thank you for your questions. I am glad to know there is a discussion
about SignWriting in your school....I will answer your questions
about dictionaries first...there are many answers!

First, there are....

1. Printed Dictionaries
2. Dictionaries in SignWriter 4.4
3. SignBank Dictionaries

and other software for creating dictionaries is under development
too, in Brazil and other countries...

1. Regarding printed dictionaries in book form...
Our organization in the US has two available, and they are both in
American Sign Language:

Picture Dictionary in ASL
https://signwriting.org/library/aslpict/aslpict.html

ASL Dictionary in a Notebook
https://www.signwriting.org/catalog/sw122.html

There are others who have published dictionaries using SignWriting
too. For example, have you read about this wonderful book, that
includes SignWriting for Brazil?

Brazilian Sign Language Encyclopedic Dictionary
https://www.SignWriting.org/brazil/brazil21.html

Unfortunately, I do not know of any French Sign Language Dictionaries
written in SignWriting yet, but I hope your school might make that a
school project - ha!! ;-)

I will write again shortly, about dictionaries in SignWriter 4.4 and
SignBank 2002 -

My best wishes -

___________________________

Valerie Sutton

....visit the...

SignWritingSite
https://www.SignWriting.org
Read & Write Sign Languages

SignBankSite
https://www.SignBank.org
Sign Language Dictionaries

DanceWritingSite
https://www.DanceWriting.org
Read & Write Dance

MovementWritingSite
https://www.MovementWriting.org
Read & Write Movement & Gesture

Deaf Action Committee for SignWriting
Center For Sutton Movement Writing
an educational nonprofit organization
Box 517, La Jolla, CA, 92038-0517, USA
tel: 858-456-0098....fax: 858-456-0020

  Replies Author Date
6446 Re: French Swiss new questions Valerie Sutton Tue  3/5/2002
6447 Re: French Swiss new questions Valerie Sutton Tue  3/5/2002
6448 Re: French Swiss new questions Valerie Sutton Tue  3/5/2002
6449 Re: French Swiss new questions Valerie Sutton Tue  3/5/2002
6451 Re: French Swiss new questions Valerie Sutton Wed  3/6/2002
6454 French Swiss new questions MGirod & ACPrélaz Wed  3/6/2002

  Message 6445  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ] Message Index